- Successfully complete a FREC-approved pre-licensing course for sales associates consisting of 63 classroom-hours and covering the topics required by the FREC. The course is valid for licensure purposes for 2 years after the course completion date. Licensees with a permanent physical disability, as defined by FREC Rule 61J2-3.013(2), may qualify for a correspondence pre-licensing course if unable, due to a permanent physical disability, to attend the site where the course is conducted.
- Submit a completed application, electronic fingerprints, and appropriate fee.
- Pass the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate Examination with a grade of at least 75 or pass the
Florida Real Estate Law Exam with a grade of at least 30.
- Activate the license, otherwise the license is issued in an inactive status. This can be done using the
DBPR RE 11-Become Active - Sales Associate or Broker Sales Associate form. Alternatively, once the new
license number is issued, the broker can activate the sales associate using the broker's online account.
- Whether holding an active or inactive license, successfully complete a FREC-approved post-licensing
course for sales associate consisting of at least 45 classroom-hours, prior to the expiration of the initial sales associate license.